HRM Internal Only
Position Type: Direct Hire
- Performs a variety of mortgage loan documentation duties on conforming loan packages and complex loans, using comprehensive knowledge of policies and procedures for loan products.
- Underwrites mortgage loan applications and evaluates loans in order to maximize organizational profit and minimize risk or loss.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Review and analyze loan applicants' credit histories, financial statements, and other financial information to make quality decisions on loans.
- Work with team members to identify potential solutions/exceptions for denied loan files.
- Interpret and analyze complex tax returns and financial documents.
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain knowledge of available loan products.
- Stay up to date on program and investor guidelines.
- Adhere to confidentiality standards as outlined by security policies.
- Mentor Underwriter I’s when required.
- Utilize DU and LP underwriting systems.
- Use a computer to enter, access, and retrieve financial data.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Actively participate in discussions to help the department run more efficiently.
- A minimum of one year of mortgage loan underwriting experience (DU) within the last two years is required.
- Three years of experience underwriting conventional loans is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with DU and LP underwriting systems.
- Ability to underwrite in a production environment involving minimum quotas.
- Thorough understanding and familiarity with FNMA guidelines and a complete knowledge of loan products.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards while maintaining production expectations defined by the company.
- Ability to exhibit professional verbal and written communication skills via email, mobile devices, and in person utilizing proper spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and work well under pressure with minimal supervision.